La Vieille Forge is an old smithy dating 1710 located in a typical quiet Ardennes village, Mont, near Houffalize.
What makes this a Beer-lovers paradise?
- Five beautiful double rooms for ten people with a capability to cater for up to eighteen.
- The guests come together at single huge breakfast table, encouraging conversation.
- A cosy corner seat close to a stove with a window through which one can see the fire.
- Tine, the hostess, cooks excellent meals on request. For the Beer-lover she will create a delicious beer based dinner.
- Pol, the host, divided the old forge into two parts, one part housing the microbrewery, and the other a small rustic bar named “Le Grand Café”.
- Tine and Pol are green-fingered and they have created and maintain a beautiful garden where transatlantic guests can easily recover from jet lag while tasting a Witte Pol or a Zwarte Pol.
- Located within walking distance (via a nice path +/-20 min) is the Achouffe brewery. Brewery tour reservation via www.achouffe.be